Therapy can provide that safe place to get help in dealing with increasingly common problems:
- Relationship distress - Increasing conflict or emotional distance - How do we get back the relationship that we had?
- Divorce recovery - Grieving the loss & growing through it
- Behavioral problems or changes
- Parenting concerns - What's the best way to handle...?
- Blended families - Yours, Mine & Ours - How do we become a family?
- Parenting with your 'Ex' - Putting your child's needs first
- Life Transitions - Early adulthood, Marriage, Having children, Changing professions, Retirement
- Aging parents - When mom/dad can no longer take care of themselves
- Academic/Occupational problems
In addition, therapy can provide a calm place to focus on the important things in life, such as looking inward at our 'self' and our relationships with those important to us. From birth, it is the experience of our early relationships with others that shapes our view of self and the world. Understanding these early experiences and their impact in the 'now' is the first step in making enduring life changes.
Therapy is a personal relationship between people and requires mutual trust, openness and honesty. To establish this trust, it is important that both you and I feel comfortable enough to work together. This will be determined at our initial session. Each session is a 50 minute therapy hour, unless we determine that a longer session is necessary. Feel free to call (949) 697-1091, and we will further discuss your specific and sensitive needs.
Therapy approaches include:
- Cognitive Behavioral